What can organisations do?
Supporting reconciliation as an organisation might look like:
- Considering how you might educate your committee and staff about reconciliation and cultural safety. Cultural safety training is available online and in-person (post-Covid-19) from various Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations.
- Considering how you might educate your membership about reconciliation.
- Considering how your organisation addresses the 5 dimensions of reconciliation.
- Considering how your organisation might visibly demonstrate the ability to develop respectful and enduring relationships with Traditional Owners, were such relationships needed in the future
Some examples of important steps might be:
- Adding an acknowledgement to country to all your meetings and publications
- Consider how you might change your internal policies and purposes or strategies to promote Traditional Owner relationships and self determination
- Publish and share articles with your membership that promotes reconciliation
- Participate in reconciliation week